Thursday, April 4, 2013

"The Brilliant Bella" letterhead



I needed a title for the comic I write, The Brilliant Bella. I wanted it to be playful and strong just like the comic.


The Brilliant Bella in "Feet of Clay" page 19
Drawn by Tiina Birgitta Räisänen
.


I looked for fonts that would suit it and I immediately thought of Charley’s Angels. I use to love them as a kid. I even had all of the collector cards.


Then I realized that many of the movie posters of the 70’s would work for what I wanted. 

They said strong, campy fun which is what Bella is. I started to work creating some rough ideas. 
I worked out a few ideas. 
The Brilliant Bella title "70's" rough


There’s the one I call the “70’s” style.I wanted the letters really round and bold.


The Brilliant Bella title "neon" rough

Then there’s the one I call “neon”. This one is more fluid like hand writing though still very bold.



Then there’s the one with shooting stars. This one has the added affect of the shooting stars coming out of it.
The Brilliant Bell title "Balloon" rough

And there’s the one where each letter is filled with a picture. I call this “balloon”.

Then I worked them out in pen and ink.
The Brilliant Bella "70's" inked

The Brilliant Bella "neon" inked



The Brilliant Bella "Balloon" with lots of space for images inside the letters.
 Then I colored them on the computer. I decided to stick to Bella's costume color scheme of white and gold. 
The Brilliant Bella "70's" colored

The Brilliant Bella "neon" colored
The Brilliant Bella "Balloon" with pictures inside

No comments:

Post a Comment